Please mark your calendars for this year's festival!
Sitka Seafood Festival, August 1 - 2, 2014
A two day festival to celebrate wild Alaskan seafood! Bringing together local and celebrity chefs, bands, fisherman, foodies and local food vendors with non-stop activities from fish head tossing, to the Alaskan-style Highland Games, watching cooking demos, to eating some of the best food around, you're not going to want to miss this!
Aug 1: Five course dinner prepared by 5 SSF guest chefs using all local seafood. At Centennial Hall.
Aug 2: All day festival on Campus:
- starts with a the tote races at Cresent Harbor Shelter at 11am
- followed by a parade down Lincoln street leading to campus for the rest of the festival
- Highland Games on campus throughout the day
- All food, educational, and merchandise vendors at the "SSF Marketplace" open at 11:30am
- Multiple cooking demos and educational talks throughout the day
- Many contests starting at 12pm (fish head toss, fish head bobbing, crab races)
- Live music/concert in the evening-to be announced.
SSF Culinary Scholarship / Paid Internship is back!
SSF is now taking applications for the 2014 Culinary Scholarship. This $500 scholarship will be awarded to an individual interested in pursiing the culinary arts. The program includes the opportunity to work with renowned chefs for three to five days, a $500 stipend for three days of work, letters of reference from SSF staff for future career moves, recognition to the community at the SSF banquet on Aug 1, 2014, opportunity to give back to the community of Sitka.
Applications must be postmarked no later than June 20, 2014.
See the videos of Sitka Seafood Festivals past. Some highlights of the 2012 Highland Games are below. Plan now to join in the games or attend and watch all the fun.
Check out our 2012 promotional video on YouTube.
"Locally derived, seasonally inspired" Festival Banquet Dinner
Come and join us for a Seafood Extravaganza, Friday,August 1, 2014 at 6:30pm.
Opening Banquet Dinner: formal atmosphere showcasing our Executive Guest Chefs and many of our favorite local chefs.
Banquet tickets will be available at Old Harbor Books.
For more information about this year’s festival contact Alicia at 928-607-4845.